Manwa Hosea is an Experienced Advocate of the High Court of Kenya. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree (LL.B) (Hons) from Moi University and Post-Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law.
He has a heavy leaning towards litigation over a wide spectrum of legal fields including Constitutional law, which stems from his experience at the State Law Office. Further, he has experience in Family Law, Commercial Transactions, Immigration, Industrial and Labour law.
He is also a writer and a formidable courtroom practitioner, a skilled negotiator and Arbitrator
- PrideInn Group Limited: Acting and Advising on indigenous hotel chain with net assets of Eight (8) billion on its debt restructuring and generally on efficient and effective debt recovery mechanisms
- Leo Investments Limited: Acting in prime residential luxury apartments including drafting the agreement for lease and lease and negotiating the agreement for lease and lease with various purchasers and their advocates. Also handling a number of individual property acquisitions for the company.
- Mobika Investments Limited (MIL): Acting and advising Mobika Investment an integrated and Pneumatic solutions provider offering customized services to aviation, bottling and chemical industries, oil refineries, steel mills, super-market. Drafted and reviewed contracts between Mobika and Baoli Emea S.P.A a Company incorporated in Italy for supply of forklift truck from the far east to Kenya.
- Debt Recovery: Representing PrideInn Group in debt recovery suits
- Public Interest Litigation: Successfully Petitioned the Cabinet Secretary Ministry of Labour and Social Protection on the appointment of Mary Wambui Munene as the Chairperson of the National Employment Authority (NEA)for the reason that the said appointment contravened the guiding principles for appointment of any state officer as provided under Chapter Six of the Constitution under Article 73 (2) http://kenyalaw.org/caselaw/cases/view/187196/
- Public Interest Litigation: successfully Petitioned the Machakos University against its Senate decision to expel our client. A landmark constitutional petition that led to declaring Regulations 10(2)(d) of Rules and Regulations Governing the Conduct and Discipline of Students of the University Unconstitutional to the extent that it unreservedly outlaws picketing, 11(6)(c) to the extent that it does not allow for legal representation and 11(7)(b) to the extent that it does not allow for a hearing http://kenyalaw.org/caselaw/cases/view/178304
- Labour & Employment: Representing on appeal over three thousand (3000) former employees of East Africa Breweries Limited (formally Kenya Breweries Limited) in a wrongfully termination suit http://kenyalaw.org/caselaw/cases/view/147244
- Represented Kenya Leo Investment in assorted Court proceedings to recover from AAR Health Services limited
- Successfully represented Master Freighters Limited a company importing and supplying Fortified Palm Oil Products in Kenya from Malaysia over illegal detainment of fifty-six (56) containers of fortified cooking oil product valued at Kenya shillings 300 million. Represented the company before the Parliamentary Trade, industry and cooperatives Committee, the Standards Tribunal and in court. http://kenyalaw.org/caselaw/cases/view/181134/
- Acted for Kennedy Amdany Langat and 14 Others in JR NO. 2 OF 2018 in the Shisha case
Acting for a number of the firm’s clients in connection with the registration of trade-marks.
Acting for a number of the firm’s banking clients in security matters including advising on and the preparation of security documentation for both retail and corporate borrowers, applying for and obtaining the relevant regulatory approvals and procurement of all consents and procuring registration at the relevant registries.
ACTIVITIES AND AFFILIATIONS
Member of the law society of Kenya 2018
Member of (28 governments) Freedom Online Coalition Working Group on ‘Digital Development, Human Rights and the Rule of Law.